Visitors

Monday, July 12, 2010

July Gloom

In southern Calfifornia (and maybe other geographical regions I'm unaware of) we have this phenomenon dubbed June Gloom where you can pretty much count on every single day of June being overcast (or at least the mornings). In an area where the other eleven months are filled with sun it's easy to overlook one month where it isn't. However, this year Mother Nature took it a bit too far and decided to extend into July. Today's the first day in a month and a half (aside from vacation to Lake Powell) that I've seen the sun before noon and could actually wear a skirt to work. This is exciting to me because I love the sun, warmth, being able to do outdoors activities all year round. I didn't realize until the sun came out in the morning that I didn't fully appreciate the colder, cloudier weather. There are many activities I don't often partake in because they're indoors and when it's beautiful outside I feel guilty spending much time inside. So here are my Top Five Things to do When it's Yucky Outside:
1. Watch movies. I'm so far behind on all sorts of movies from my entire life that I have a neverending supply of ones to watch.
2. Catch up on TV. I don't have many television shows I watch on a regular basis but this year I haven't watched any so I do have some to catch up on if I want.
3. Read books. I can do this outside but sometimes it's easier to finish one curled up on the couch.
4. Play board games. Have some friends over, have a few drinks if necessary and whip out Catch Phrase.
5. Simply do nothing. I rarely do that and sometimes it's necessary.
* All activities can also be done while cuddling up with someone special, which I also highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment