Visitors

Friday, July 16, 2010

And it's H-O-T!

There was no segue into summer here in the Los Angeles area. It went from maybe high sixties to high eighties if you're lucky. Actually I really enjoy the hot weather but I know many are in disagreement on this one. I s'pose I'm not a huge fan of sleeping in it (and I'm also not an air conditioning fan so there's a bit of a conundrum if even sleeping naked under a fan isn't helping) or having to work when it's so amazing outside but otherwise I'm in full support of hard core summer weather. Here are my fav fun things to do when it's sweltering out:

1. Surf. It's so nice to not have to don a wetsuit when attempting to hang ten.
2. Canoe/kayak. Lots of jumping out of them and into the water while also splashing the other people involved is a must.
3. Plain 'ol swimming. I don't do a whole lot of this anymore since I took up surfing but anything in the water is a good idea when you're sweating (You may sense a theme here.).
4. Tubing down the river. Much easier than the other activities. You simply sit there. And sometimes (sometimes is often synonymous with all the time) drink beer.
5. Water parks. I haven't been to one is sooooooooo long but I love them.

Okay, I realize all my ideas have to do with actually being out in the heat because I just love being outside no matter what the temperature is. But I know some people like (or need) to avoid the heat so for those of you who fall into that category here are some fun air conditioned indoor activities:

1. Movies. I'm not a huge movie watcher (although I'd like to be but that's a whole other topic) but they keep those places cold enough to hide the melting glaciers in.
2. Arcades. You can be active in air conditioning.
3. Bars. AC and alcohol. Popular hot weather combination.
4. Restaurants. Now might be a good time to visit a new spot or an old fav rather than picnic.
5. The mall. I hate the mall and shopping in general but there are many who disagree with me.



What do you do to stay cool when it's H-O-T out?

No comments:

Post a Comment