Visitors

Monday, May 10, 2010

Sunshine

Not a day goes by that I don't appreciate that I live in a place that has sunshine and clear blue skies something like 375 days a year. This isn't meant to rub it in ya'lls face who only have this five days a year (shout out to the May snowfall in Michigan this weekend) but to remind us not to take things for granted. I grew up with a Great Lake as my backyard, yet spent much of my childhood yearning for residence in the NYC or California (careful what you wish for). It's only recently that I've begun to appreciate the beauty I had every day of my childhood and it's been a good reminder to appreciate the beauty of now. Seriously, whenever I get one too many parking tickets, someone is mean to me, or I have a hangover I think to myself, "But I live in southern California," and I'm instant better!

So in honor of warm, sunny days here are some fun things to do in them:
1. Surf (if you live somewhere with real waves)
2. Go fly a kite
3. Kick, throw, shoot some balls
4. Roll down a hill
5. Take pictures without the flash or cloudy day setting
6. Run through a sprinkler
7. HAPPY HOUR (outside)
8. Go on a bike ride
9. Scavenger hunt
10. Walk barefoot
11. Have a picnic
12. BBQ
13. Paint, draw, sculpt, write in nature
14. Skateboard
15. Take a nap under a tree

Feel free to add your own!!!


My fav sunny day activity!

No comments:

Post a Comment