Visitors

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Everyday is a Holiday

In college, my friend (and roommate and PTC sister), Anne, somehow had access to the most random holidays ever (she had CIA access or something).


Here's the magnificent Anne, back and center!

Apparently I'm too far removed from my undergrad days (tear, tear) since I don't remember what any of them were but I do know they were fun. And we made them even more fun. Again, I don't remember what we did but knowing us it had to be fun. And so I found a website called Holidays for Everyday. You know, just in case anyone needs an excuse to party. Today happens to be Blue Jeans Birthday! Yep, Mr. Levi Strauss and Mr. Jacob Davis received the patent to what we all fondly know of as blue jeans. Not sure how Mr. Davis got shafted in the deal ('Course I just might not be cool kid enough to know about Davis jeans?). In honor I am wearing blue jeans to work... and I didn't even know about this holiday until 5 minutes ago. Happy Blue Jeans Day everyone! Oh, and this entire week is National Bike to Work week so I hope everyone is enjoying a bike ride to work (I would be if I had one and didn't need my car for work this week). Tomorrow in particular is Bike to Work Day so if you didn't know about this before you now have enough notice to participate in it.

Heads up: This website isn't updated for the 2010 but you can do the math (or have someone else do it for you).

No comments:

Post a Comment