Visitors

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

I started writing this post explaining the reasons behind my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day and erased it because I realized it isn't going to make anyone feel any better (especially me) to relive it. And also everyone I love is relatively healthy and happy at the moment so it can't be the worst day ever. So instead I'll offer solutions for all of us if we ever again have a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. That way we'll leave feeling a lot better about our days and ready for some fun!

1. Dwell on the good stuff (and there's always good stuff): I mentioned a prosperity journal is one of my first posts. If you're more electronically inclined The Prosperity Game has one that's easy and fun
2. Breathe deeply
3. Take a walk in nature
4. Get rid of something weighing you down: an article of clothing you never feel good in, dishes you don't really want to eat off of, a toxic friend if you want to go big
5. Watch funny videos on youtube or read some textsfromlastnight (Best. website. ever!)
6. Participate in your favorite exercise activity: while any exercise is good for those enorphins if you really enjoy what you're doing it's going to have an even more powerful effect on your mood
7. Spend time with your loved ones
8. Play a game
9. Create something(anything, art, a new bookshelf, paint a wall)
10. Volunteer (often doing something nice for someone else also benefits you... reminder to self.)

If you have any to add please do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment