Visitors

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Meetups

I had a roommate in college who refused to join clubs (bless her heart) saying clubs are dumb and for the nerds. Well, I'm not about to argue that I'm not a nerd (I've embraced it!) and club loving is just a part of my nerd-like qualities (I actually had an ex-boyfriend tell me I have nerd-like qualities). I love clubs because they combine two of my favorite things, people and activities. One website that makes it easy for us to join clubs and have fun is Meetup, whose motto is "Do something, learn something, share something, change something." Not only fun but also profound. No one can argue the benefits of a healthy social network and doing things you enjoy. And it's such a versatile site. It's great if you're new to an area and don't know anyone or you want to take up a new activity or simply want to meet some new people. There truly is something for everyone on here and I encourage you to use it to add some flavor to your life.

Has anyone used Meetup? How was your experience? Anyone have any other similar websites or services they'd recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment