Visitors

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Apartment Therapy

I am addicted to another website. Yet another reason why I shouldn't have computer access on the job. Apartment Therapy is the answer to my current aesthetic needs. I love having a comfortable and sensual experience in my home and that's been lacking in my current living situation. This will soon be remedied as I'm moving shortly. And in the meantime survival has become dependent upon daydreaming about decorating my new pad.

Overall I have an eclectic taste. My personal style is a mix of funky and natural. I love bright colors, zenlike eastern influence, Victorian, brick, and Spanish styles. These don't particularly go together but hey, we're dreaming here. And there's a lot to dream about so are some of my ideas:

BRIGHT COLORS


I'm not normally much of an orange fan but I'm kinda digging it on walls. I actually saw this color at some friends' house recently and loved it.

NATURAL ELEMENTS


I love, love, love everything about this place. It takes me back to my childhood desire of a log home. And you can still totally funk it up and play with color while maintaining the natural beauty.

BRICK

Brick with some fun additions (not that brick isn't fun by itself cuz it most certainly is).

FUNKY DECOR

I'm a big fan of modern art (probably because it makes me believe that I too can be an artist) so I love how there are pieces of it displayed all over this large space, not to mention the other funktified pieces in this apartment.

LOFTS


A great use of such a small space and there's also the combo of my beloved brick and funky decor.

YARD


Front, back, I don't care where it is I'm determined to have some yard space in this place where it is scarce. Something like this perhaps?




How much do you enjoy interior decorating? What is your style? Know of any other good decorating/house websites? Oh it's so fun to dream!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment