Visitors

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Wedding Update

Went to my 8 millionth wedding in the past year last night. Perhaps that's a slight exaggeration but the bulk of my social life this year has revolved around getting married-related events. While it's mostly been a tremendous amount of fun I am looking forward to the four month break I'm getting. But in honor of the streak I was on here are some of the more fun things about the weddings I've been to this past year:

- Outdoors: I love to do everything outdoors anyway so anyone who decides to say their nuptials amongst nature wins points with me.

- DIY(Do-it-yourself)ness: I'm a crafty kind of person so I really appreciate when the decor is hand-made with love rather than cheesily man-made manufactured ugliness.

- Many dance parties: Anyone who knows me knows I love to dance. And so does the bf. So at this point we're pretty much professional wedding dancers (We're thinking about going into business.).

- Cake: I've had some amazing cakes over the past 12 months and am contemplating pretending to be getting married for the rest of my life so I can continuously eat wedding cake samples. Big big ups to the most phenomenal vegan cake I've ever tasted.

- Food: Also have had some amazing food and variety. Big winner was the hors d'oeuvres cornucopia of fresh home grown, homemade food at one of my pal's weddings.

- Candy table: I'm starting to notice a theme here with my most fun items. This I'm hesitant to encourage because I really don't need any more candy ever again in my entire life but oh, it's so good!

- Kids: I know some people don't like them at weddings but I think they're hilarity in small packages, especially during the dance party.

What are some of the fun things about weddings you've gone to? Please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment