Visitors

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

April Roundup

Aaahhh!!!! I've had such a busy April I haven't even had a spare moment to post here. Luckily that mostly means I've been having a whole lotta fun. There was the Coachella music festival, the 2nd 8th Annual Grilled Cheese Invitational (Yep, you heard that right), and Easter. While I could easily have a post on each let me list my top three fun things about each event:

Coachella:

1. Warm (okay hot) weather. After feeling like I'll be spending the rest of my life in southern California's version of winter this was much needed.
2. Camping. I love to camp. Even if it's next to thousands of other people.
3. The music. Of course. I saw a number of phenomenal acts but my favs were Mumford & Sons, Arcade Fire, The Black Keys, Duran Duran, and Erykah Badu.

2nd 8th Annual Grilled Cheese Invitational

1. Eating lots of grilled cheeses... duh! 'Course now I'm completely grilled cheesed out.
2. Doing something different.
3. Cooking some pretty fantastic sourdough bread, brie cheese, and mango and jalapeno marmalade with the bf as our entry. We didn't place but we're always winners in my book!

Easter

1. Delicious food items that weren't grilled cheeses.
2. Polish horse shoes (probably incredibly un-PC but I've never heard it called anything else... wait, just looked it up and it's actually called ladder golf.) with the bf's fam.
3. Leftover goodies to take home.

And of course, there were the requisite bday parties and other shenanigans involved. Here's hoping to a little less hectic month coming up so I can write a little more.


An amber view of Coachella

No comments:

Post a Comment