Visitors

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Fun Buster: Reading for Class

Tonight I'm experiencing a fun buster. I need to read for my classes and I don't want to. And I usually like to read. Pretty much anything. And a lot of stuff for my grad school program is interesting to me. But there are so many more fun things I want to do right now. Like go to the movies. Or a moonlit stroll because it's finally warm again. Or grab a drink (even though I really don't want to drink). Or paint art to hang on my bedroom wall which is currently a depression of bareness. Or anything with the bf. Or hang upside down on monkey bars. Or even cleaning is seeming more appealing right now.

I don't know if this is because I started with the worst article ever about support systems for parents. Surprisingly all studies of parental support systems indicate that parents are better at parenting when they have social support systems. Imagine that! Now for the longest time I've wanted to be an academic and I love asking questions and finding answers. However, when the answer is an obvious one why the need for so much research to support what everyone already knows?! This is one of the reasons I question whether that's actually the right career path for me. I have no desire to be Captain Obvious.

And I thought about simply not reading. I did that last semester and it worked out quite well for me. But this semester the reading accountability level seems to have been upped (probably due to my way too honest assessment of the classes). So I'm thinking reading would be a good idea. Plus it would probably be helpful to have the knowledge. Then, I still continue to debate myself, but is there a such thing as too much knowledge? Maybe I'm experiencing knowledge overload? So that is my fun buster. And blogging is another fun way to continue to postpone what I've already postponed this entire weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment