Visitors

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Duh Moment

I'm not entirely sure how this relates to fun but I had a good laugh so thought I'd share. Literal quote from an article I'm reading called Integrating Family Resilience and Family Stress Theory: "These variations in functioning following risk exposure are similar to Hill's (1958) roller coaster model of family stress when he proposed that stressed families return to a level of functioning at, below, or above their precrisis level." I'm not sure who this Mr. Hill is but he sure is a funny man. I could be wrong since I have yet to publish anything in any significant academic journal but I would assume that a person's level of function in any given moment would be at, below, or above their previous level of functioning and so on for the rest of their lives. But perhaps I should conduct some research on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment