Visitors

Monday, July 25, 2011

Fun Food: Lasagna

The bf and I love to cook. Him more so than I but I love eating freshly made food so I'm getting in on the fun more too. I've recently realized that my fav thing to cook is lasagna. One of the reasons being it's absolutely delicious. But the other being that it solves one my biggest cooking conundrums of getting everything done at the same time so it's all still warm and not overcooked. You simply layer all the ingredients any which way you want, stick it in the oven for an hour or so, and then all you have to do is prepare the side dishes, which are usually a salad (no worries about keeping it warm there) and garlic bread (pop it in the oven with 10, 15 minutes to go). So easy!!! So in honor of my fav dish to make here's my most recent lasagna recipe that was given rav reviews by the taste testers (no matter that the taste testers are friends):

Ingredients:
- Lasagna noodles
- 3 c. Sun dried tomatos
- 4 c. Marinated artichoke
- 1/2 c. Pesto
- 16 oz. Ricotta cheese
- 16 oz. Mozzarella
- 8 oz. Parmesan

Preparation:
- Boil the lasagna noodles first until they're almost done.
- Once the noodles have boiled pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Spread a small amount of pesto on the bottom of the pan so it's just barely covered.
- Add a layer of the cooked lasagna noodles.
- Add a layer of the marinated artichokes.
- Add a layer of the sun dried tomatoes.
- Add a layer of ricotta and mozzarella.
- Add another layer of the cooked lasagna noodles.
- Add another thin layer of pesto.
- Add another layer of the marinated artichokes.
- Add another layer of the sun dried tomatoes.
- Add another layer of ricotta and mozzarella.
- Sprinkle the parmesan on top.
- Place the dish in the oven for approximately 45 minutes.

Notes to Self:
The amounts of ingredients are estimated as I made this recipe up and can't actually remember how much I used but you'll know how much is enough for you (That's more of the fun part of making lasagna!).

It's so delicious! Enjoy!

Do you enjoy cooking? And if so what do you love to cook?

This isn't quite the one from above but since I didn't take pic but this one looks pretty similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment